Minneapolis Former Fire Station_ E (1879-1902) and Apparatus
    

Minneapolis Fire Stations Master Lists:   CURRENT    FORMER    STATIONS HOME
Comments or Questions?  Visit Our USERS FORUM

 
 

Minneapolis Station E (1879-1902)
and Apparatus (if available)

 




Photo source: Minnesota Historical Society

 
 

43 South 3rd Street (doors face NE)

 

Station has been razed

  • July, 1879- Opened with Hose 2 as Station E (volunteer opened Jan, 1873)
  • September, 1881 ChemicalH&L 2 in service (disbanded December 1883)
  • January, 1883 Steamer 2 in service
  • December, 1883 Chemical 1 replace Chem H&L 2
  • 1886 Engine 3 replaced Steamer 2
  • 1899 Engine 3 to Station 3 and Station E closed
  • May 1, 1899 WT in from Station 3
  • May 28, 1902 Chemical 2 disbanded, Station closed

 



Photo source: Unknown


Photo source: Unknown




Photo source: Minnesota Historical Society

  Station 1 circa 1936  



Photo source: Unknown

  Map of Station location from 1912 Sanborn Maps, Vol. 6, Sheet 665
Click here for a .PDF of the full map sheet  



Photo source: Unknown

  Map of Station location from 1885 Sanborn Maps, Vol. 1, Sheet 6
Click here for a .PDF of the full map sheet

 
 



Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


      

Copyright © 1996-2017 The Extra Alarm Association
of The Twin Cities, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Last Modified 2017-Feb-23 02:40:44
Edited and maintained by D.B. Freedman
mailto: eaatc.webmail@gmail.com

      

-- [HOME] --