Minneapolis Former Fire Station_ 15 (1889-1949) and Apparatus
    

Minneapolis Fire Stations Master Lists:   CURRENT    FORMER    STATIONS HOME
Comments or Questions?  Visit Our USERS FORUM

 
 

Minneapolis Station 15 (1889-1949)
and Apparatus (if available)

 




Photo source: MFD / WPA

 
 

2400 Harrison (Central Avenue) NE

 

Station has been razed

  • January, 1889 Opened as Station P with Hose 15
  • December, 1890 Chemical 6 in service (out May, 1898)
  • January 12, 1891 Department was reorganized, and became MFD Station 15
  • November, 1892 Engine 15 now in service
  • December 22, 1915 Ladder 7 in service from Station 23
  • December 10, 1934 Combination 15 replaces Eng 15 and Lad 7 with Buffalo quad
  • 1945 Station closed and Combination 15 moved to Station 29 (now Station 15)

 





Photo source: Unknown

 
Map of Station location from 1912 Sanborn Maps, Vol. 7, Sheet 818
Click here for a .PDF of the full map sheet

 



Photo source: Paige Van Vorst

  Former Station 15 circa 1950's  



Photo source: Unknown

Engine (Combination) 15 Quad,  1934 Buffalo Open Cab, 1000 gpm pump, 120 gal tank, Apar. Serial# 1295, Northern pump, Shop# 7117  
 



Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


      

Copyright © 1996-2017 The Extra Alarm Association
of The Twin Cities, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Last Modified 2017-Mar-27 12:16:38
Edited and maintained by D.B. Freedman
mailto: eaatc.webmail@gmail.com

      

-- [HOME] --