Minneapolis Former Fire Station_ 13 (1887-1923) and Apparatus
    

Minneapolis Fire Stations Master Lists:   CURRENT    FORMER    STATIONS HOME
Comments or Questions?  Visit Our USERS FORUM

 
 

Minneapolis Station 13 (1887-1923)
and Apparatus (if available)

 




No picture author data

 
 

2524 17th Avenue South, midblock, doors face East

 

Station has been razed

No known photos of the full Station 13 (A) exist. However from the layouts of the 1912 Sanborn Fire Insurance maps it can be determined Station 13 was identitcal the 1886 Station 12

  • January 5, 1887 Opened as Station N with Hose 13
  • February, 1888 Chemical 5 in service (out July, 1912)
  • January 12, 1891 Department was reorganized, and became MFD Station 13
  • December, 1, 1923 station closed temporarily when Eng 13 moved to new Sta 13
  • December 20, 1924 Chemical 1 in service
  • May 20, 1931 Chemical 1 disbanded, Engine 12 now in service
  • May 6, 1932 Station 12 close

 





Photo source: Unknown

  Map of Station location from 1912 Sanborn Maps, Vol. 4, Sheet 362
Click here for a .PDF of the full map sheet  

Current apparatus assigned to Station 13 (1887-1923) below




Photo source: Steve A. Skaar

Engine 12,  1997 Freightliner-106/General Safety Sedan, 1500 gpm pump, 500 gal tank, Shop# 7143  
  • Served also as:
  • Engine 8



Photo source: Brown Collection

Hose 13,  1912 Seagrave Open Cab, 50 gal tank, Apar. Serial# 7150  
  • Dan Petrie
  • Captain John Sullivan
  • Driver Oscar Peterson
  • John Meisinger
  • John Hanley
  • Bill Heenan
  • Jerry Lyons
  • Tom Madden
 



Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


      

Copyright © 1996-2017 The Extra Alarm Association
of The Twin Cities, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Last Modified 2017-Feb-23 02:41:19
Edited and maintained by D.B. Freedman
mailto: eaatc.webmail@gmail.com

      

-- [HOME] --