Minneapolis Former Fire Station_ 11 (1879-1926) and Apparatus
    

Minneapolis Fire Stations Master Lists:   CURRENT    FORMER    STATIONS HOME
Comments or Questions?  Visit Our USERS FORUM

 
 

Minneapolis Station 11 (1879-1926)
and Apparatus (if available)

 




Photo source: Minnesota Historical Society

 
 

28 2nd Street SE (28x50ft) at Bank St, SW corner, doors face NE

 

Station has been razed

  • July 1, 1879 opened as Sta C with Hose C, Cataract Steam (Sta opened 1869)
  • 1885 2-story brick addition completed
  • January 12, 1891 Department was reorganized, and became MFD Station 11
  • February, 1886 Ladder 2 now in service
  • February, 1886 Cemical 3 in service (disbanded April, 1910)
  • December, 1886 Addition to station opened
  • February 6, 1909 Ladder 9 in service (Ladder 2 to Station 1)
  • September 14, 1916 Auxiliary #2 in service here on (Aux 3 to be at 26's)
  • August 15, 1921, Auxiliary #2 out of service
  • June, 1926 Station closed when new Station 11 opened

 





Photo source: "History of the Minneapolis and St. Paul Police and Fire Departments"

  The former Station 11 circa 1900 after the additions to the station for a ladder company.  



Photo source: Paige Van Vorst

  Former Station 11 after several extensive remodelings  



Photo source: Unknown

  Map of Station location from 1912 Sanborn Maps, Vol. 8, Sheet 953
Click here for a .PDF of the full map sheet

Click here for a full 3D model for Google Earth

 



Photo source: Ronald Pearson

 



Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


      

Copyright © 1996-2017 The Extra Alarm Association
of The Twin Cities, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Last Modified 2017-Nov-17 23:32:32
Edited and maintained by D.B. Freedman
mailto: eaatc.webmail@gmail.com

      

-- [HOME] --