Minneapolis Former Fire Station_ 4 (1879-1894) and Apparatus
    

Minneapolis Fire Stations Master Lists:   CURRENT    FORMER    STATIONS HOME
Comments or Questions?  Visit Our USERS FORUM

 
 

Minneapolis Station 4 (1879-1894)
and Apparatus (if available)

 




Photo source: Minnesota Historical Society

 
 

116-118 Plymouth Avenue (1st to 2nd Street N) Doors face south

 

Station has been razed

  • Became July 1, 1879 Station F with Hose 4 (open October, 1875 with volunteers)
  • March 1888 Ladder 4 in service
  • January 12, 1891 Department was reorganized, and became MFD Station 4
  • April, 1893 Steamer 3 with Hose 4
  • December, 1894 Station close (sold Feb 27, 1900)

 



Photo source: Unknown




Photo source: Unknown

  Map of Station location from 1885 Sanborn Maps, Sheet 43
Click here for a .PDF of the full map sheet

The map designates the Station as the 'Germania Hose Co.', its volunteer FD designation.  
 



Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional


      

Copyright © 1996-2017 The Extra Alarm Association
of The Twin Cities, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Last Modified 2017-Apr-26 09:31:48
Edited and maintained by D.B. Freedman
mailto: eaatc.webmail@gmail.com

      

-- [HOME] --